David A. Ring
David A. Ring
David Ring has broad experience in insurance coverage and litigation, including commercial general liability, homeowners, auto, fidelity, directors and officers, professional liability, and commercial crime, as well as insurance bad faith. His practice also includes appellate work; personal injury defense; commercial lease disputes and the economic loss rule; product liability; homeowner liability for injury to unlicensed workers; property disputes, including adverse possession and prescriptive and equitable easement claims; and UCC Articles 3 & 4 analysis.
Highlights include successful appeal of demurrer overrule in bad faith coverage action impacting multiple pending actions, Westmoreland v. Fire Ins. Exchange (2021) 73 Cal.App.5th 269; minimal verdict in Sepulveda, et al. v. Monetary Management, et al., direct victim NIED action in Central District of California (2022); non-binding arbitration win in City of San Diego v. PRISM (2022); appellate wins in Kim v. Vivas (2021), Dunahoo v. Foremost Ins. Co. (2020), Garland v. Young (2019), Croteau v. Harbach (2016), Ware v. Tydell (2016) (reversal of Anti-SLAPP motion denial); Yang v. Clawson (2014), Stafford v. Dille (2014), Molle-Johnson v. Alderson (2012), and Chapelle v. Alliance United (2012); trial win upheld on appeal in catastrophic injury case, Carachure v. Scott (2018); trial win with nearly full fee recovery in defense of a fire loss subrogation action, TDIC v. Buon Gusto (2015); summary judgment in bad faith cross-complaint in Southern District of California upheld on appeal in Foremost Ins. Co. v. Enriquez (2015); summary judgment in defense of catastrophic injury case, Brown v. Conveyor Components (2010).
Mr. Ring began with Demler, Armstrong & Rowland in January 1998, moved to Sedwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold in 2000, and in 2010 returned to Demler, where he became a partner in February 2012.
- University of Washington School of Law, LL.M. with Distinction, 1995
- Whittier Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude/Valedictorian, 1994
- University of California at Berkeley
- Washington, 1995
- California, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- Contributor: “Conditions to Recovery: Termination or Cancellation,” Financial Institution Bonds (3d ed. ABA 2008).
- Contributor: Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Deskbook (2d ed. ABA 2007).
- “Recurring Issues in Rescission Cases,” 42 Tort Trial & Ins. Law Journal 51 (Fall 2006).
- Contributor: “The Other Insuring Agreements of Commercial Crime Policies,” Commercial Crime Policy (2d ed. ABA 2005).
- “Sustainability Dynamics: Land-Based Marine Pollution and Development Priorities in the Island States of the Commonwealth Caribbean,” 21 Columbia J. Envt’l Law (1997).
4500 E. Pacific Coast Highway, 4th Floor
Long Beach, CA 90804
101 Montgomery St., Suite 1800
San Francisco, CA 94104
3626 Fair Oaks Blvd., Suite 100
Sacramento, California 95864
1990 N California Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596